BeAM Results 2012 to 2019
PASS RATE 98%
CURRENTLY TRAINING 10
During the Advanced Driving test, the candidate is examined on 23 different competencies and is graded on a scale of 1 to 3 where:-
Consistently demonstrates the competency to a high standard with confidence; showing sound understanding of the interaction between this and other competencies.
Consistently demonstrates the competency.
- Requires Development: Fails to consistently demonstrate the competency. Any grade 3 will result in the candidate being unsuccessful.
In order to obtain a pass, the candidate must attain a good mixture of ‘1’ and ‘2’ grades to the Examiner’s satisfaction.
In order to be awarded a F1RST:
- IAM RoadSmart Examiners have the discretion to recommend a candidate even if they score a ‘2’ in no more than three categories. Those categories can be:
- ‘Spoken Thought’.
- ‘Vehicle Sympathy & Eco-Driving’.
- Any one other category barring ‘Safety & Legality’ and ‘Slow Manoevering’ which must score a ‘1’.
- All other categories must be grade ‘1’.
Safety & Legality; System; Observation; Planning & Hazard Management; Anticipation; Vehicle Sympathy & Eco-Driving; Positioning; Spoken Thought; Gear Changing; Use of Gear Box; Acceleration/Sence; Mirrors/Rear Observation; Steering; Braking; Signals; Knowledge; Cornering; Overtaking; Restraint/Progress; Human Factors & Concentration; Courtesy; Slow Manoeuvring; Smoothness.